Saturday, April 24, 2010

Why I hate studying...

I simply hate studying. It may sound a paradox that even though I hate studying, I never stop learning.
Where does one draw a line between these two. For one, learning is a continuous process with a holistic view while studying is an institutionalized affair with set norms. The existence of norms itself make me averse to studying.
In my life, I have never been compelled by anything other than my interests and responsibilities. I am interested in learning and feel responsibility to learn. But studying is such a waste of time.
Why do we as a nation want to prepare jack of all trades when we could easily allow people to learn what they want and become masters at it.. Leaving a food for thought...

1 comment:

Mohamed Abdullah said...

True.... you r in my league ambi :) loves to learn but not studying. we freshers are studying for 18-20 yrs continuously and wasted around one-third of the life when we can learn from the nature in a short span of time and that too with fun...